- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A.
- General Counsel, Charleston County School District
- Special Counsel, Nexsen Pruet LLC
- Shareholder, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd
- Judicial Clerk to Hon. Robert F. Chapman, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- U.S.C. School of Law Alumni Association Compleat Lawyer Award
- Member, ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal editorial board
- A.B.A. Moot Court Team, Southeast Regional Champions
- John Holland Scholarship
- Order of Wig and Robe
- The Order of Barristers
- The John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
Certified Specialist in Employment and Labor Law
After establishing experience in the area and demonstrating knowledge of the law, an attorney may earn this certification from the South Carolina Supreme Court. It also means a substantial part of the attorney’s practice is dedicated to employment law. I am very proud to have earned this certification of expertise.
charleston county school district
Former General Counsel
For nine years, I was the sole staff attorney for the second-largest school district in South Carolina. CCSD has 50,000 students, 6,000 employees and an annual budget of about $500 million. Reporting to the Superintendent of Schools and the Board of Trustees, I advised and defended the school district on all matters.